nopin

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Blueberry Pickin'

A five-mile round trip, taking an hour longer than it normally takes me to walk five miles, netted me these:





There were soooo many that I couldn't stop picking. "Enough for a snack" turned into "enough for blueberry muffins to share with Dan and Lori, and to freeze a few for Dan when he gets back," which turned into "enough for a couple of small pies, one for Dan and Lori and one for Dan and me," but I quit only when I just got too warm in the sun, and it ended up enough for one for each of us!

Uncooked:


Cooked:


Wow juicy berries! I wish they hadn't pushed off the top crust though. What's up with that?

Oh yeah, and the sky was bee-YOO-ti-ful today in the Tanana Valley, but what else is new?




Edit:
W O W. That pie was amazing! I had fretted some that I couldn't find mini pie pans and had to use custard cups, thereby having too high a a ratio of filling to crust. But those berries are soooooo good they made that an asset. Wow! Yum!

No comments: