nopin

Friday, August 31, 2007

Report from the Academic Front

I am taking:
Classical Mechanics
Plasma Physics
Mathemtical Physics

I am quite pleased with this because between the mechanics class and the math class, I should have a lot of opportunities to learn the nomenclature of physicsmath, which is a bit different from the nomenclature of engineermath, before going into completely new material that I've never seen at all before. Also, math is pretty and I like pretty things, so starting out with a math-intensive semester will make me happy. :)

I will be TAing the intro to physics that nonmajors and nonengineers take. I had at first wanted to TA the physics class that majors and engineers take, because I have taken it myself and know what the students are going through, but quite a few of the students in the class I've chosen have never taken a physicical science class of any sort before, so I want to be the first to get to them and make it fun for them. :) Anyway, I find that having regular contact with people who are quite different from me makes life interesting. :)

No comments: