nopin

Monday, March 17, 2008

Quick post 'tween classes

1) I got 10/35 points on my stat mech exam. Yup. :(

2) I got the highest score in the class in my nonlinear dynamics exam, at 91/100. Yup. :) Beat the German genius. Beat the genius local boy who did his BS here on a full scholarship and is now on a full fellowship to grad school.

3) I've been thinking about that little smile that's always pasted on Autumn's face, regardless of whether she is happy. It makes everyone like her. People stop me on the street to say hello to her, although skinny mixed-breed dogs are a dime a dozen around here. I also recall reading somewhere that if you make an effort to smile, regardless of how you really feel inside, you will actually make yourself happier. And I do not doubt that you will get along much better with everyone else just by wearing a smiler rather than a blank look or a frown. So from now on, I'm going to see if I can change my neutral expression into a slight smile instead of my customary blank look. :)

4) What happened to the snow forecast? :(

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you could teach bunnies to smile, you'd make MILLIONS!

Actually, I think bunnies are smiling inside, by looking grumpy outside.

I wonder what the facial expression of a binkying bunny is. I'm not sure I've ever paid attention to whether the leaping contortions are accompanied by a frown or a smile. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratualations on your good scores, those are hard classes for anybody. Yes, it must be fun to hitch hike on sleigh dog team. What a precious experience. I am happy for you

Arvay said...

Well, I was going to point out that 10/35 is actually a quite horrible score, but on the other hand, that was ten points of pure generosity, because I really didn't understand a thing and probably deserved zero. The prof is nice to me because I am his TA. Hahaha.

The other exam, however, I will fully accept all accolades for. Yes, I kicked ass. Thank you. :)

Anonymous said...

Holy cow. If YOU got 10/35, what did the other folks get? I have a feeling that you ruin the curve for every other student in your class, Daisy!
Congrats on doing well on the other exam - that's awesome dawesome!