nopin

Friday, October 23, 2009

Snow, dangit!

C'mon, dangit!

Snow!

We are looking at potentially the first snowless Halloween since 1962. I've waxed my skis and put lacquer over the missing paint. The girls are growing in their thick, furry Winter coats. And we wait. And wait. And wait.

Snow, dangit!

In other news, we have a house guest for a few days:


Sam's parents are in Idaho attending a wedding. Sam is a good girl, but still, she cannot compare to the World's Most Perfect Dogs. She steals food from the countertops. I had known that, but had forgotten. I'm not in the habit of dog-proofing my house since my dogs do not cause mischief of any sort. Sam is also sort of spoilt and insists on getting all of the attention, all of the time. She's quite a bit bulkier than my girls and is quite forceful at pushing herself between them and me when she wants a cuddle. She also hogs the bed and tries to push herself between Autumn and me. This is where I draw the line and yank her aside with her collar. No one comes between Autumn and me!

Sam's much more reasonable on walks, though. She doesn't pull at her leash, and is actually quite good off-leash. I can also leave her unsupervised in the yard without worrying about her taking off on a self-guided tour of the neighborhood, as my girls would.

Running with Sam is good for my self esteem. With my girls, my top sprint matches their casual trot. But Sam at least breaks into a gallop to keep up, so I don't feel like the only slowpoke any more!

3 comments:

Debs said...

Now I know why you can heat your house to only 10C at night and not freeze.

Debs said...

Um, before you say anything - you know that I know nobody literally freezes at 10C!

mdr said...

Deb, FYI, her mother does :-)

Interesting to see the difference between the two breeds. As we all know, a golden retriever is more like a pet than a runner as Huskies.