nopin

Friday, July 30, 2010

Berries berries berries!

Leaving early today to go berry picking. Last year, I got one of those simulated bear claw berry pickers from Alaska Feed:

It works pretty well, although you get a lot of unripe berries along with your ripe ones. But it also minimizes contact with your hands, which helps you save more instead of doing that whole "One for the bucket, one for me... one for the bucket, three for me... one for the bucket, a handful for me..." thing!

Photo courtesy of these folks I found on google because I'm too lazy to photograph my own.

4 comments:

Allmycke said...

Those contraptions are fashioned after what has been used in Sweden since the late 19th century. I have one myself and it works beautifully for lingonberries and blueberries.

Rena said...

Neat! I've never seen a contraption like that before.
Allmycke, do you grow the lingonberries/blues yourself?

In this house it's more like 'one for me and one for me. One for me and ...hey, why are you poking me?'

b said...

HAHAHA this brings back funny memories from my visit :)

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

Do you know it they work on brambles? Thorns everywhere!