nopin

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Chocolate Party Photos

Here are some photos from this year's Museum benefit chocolate party. Last year's here.

Ready to go!


The UAF table:


A fish chocolate tower!




I like zee leetle teacup truffles.








These musicians were very good!


Me with my friend B. We took another shot because of that ghostly blur, but B wasn't smiling in that one, so I posted this. :)


Me in the artistic outhouse again!


So I've decided that the chocolate party is maybe not the best idea. The problem is, it's way too easy to overdose on sweets and not want any more chocolate. Even though those caterers did a really good job at making small portion sizes so you could try everything, I just don't dig sweets that much. They need to make a CHEESE party! A fondue party! Simmering pots of cheese in every room, and everyone is issued a baguette and bread knife upon entry! Hell yeah! The problem is, my mum would absolutely have refused to be my date to that. And she was going to be my date to the chocolate party, if she hadn't caught a cold. :(

Oh, here are some photos from the girls' and my walk this morning.

Rosie Creek, all edged with thin ice over overflow and pretty much impassable:


New trees growing into an old burn area:

The aftermath of this fire has been extensively studied.



A shallower part of Rosie Creek that I could traverse on foot:


The girls being all cuddly and fuzzy with their multitudinous paws:

3 comments:

mdr said...

we all like this year's outhouse picture of yours than the one from last year. You looked very much a lady, the real you.

Anonymous said...

careful crossing those creeks - you never know if you might step in!

Arvay said...

I have stepped in! And it sucks! Wet, squishy foot! I only risk it on the way home, not the way out. I can deal with squishy foot for a few minutes, but not a whole walk!