nopin

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy Solstice!



Yahoo Weather doesn't know what to make of Fairbanks numbers. For example, it has a.m. and p.m. confused. Also, in winter when both the day's high and the day's low are below 0, it calls the lower temperature the 'high' and the higher temperature the 'low', I suppose because it thinks in absolute values.

In the meantime, temperatures are soaring in my native Bay Area. I wonder if Arizonans and New Mexicans laugh at Californians during their heat waves, much as Fairbanksans laugh at Lower 48ers during their cold snaps. Stay cool, Sili Valley-ites!

1 comment:

Rena said...

Yes, happy solstice! It sure is hot here - hit 100 in my backyard before 11am today. But I'm loving it. It's glorious after all that cold damp gloom that we suffered through this past spring.

Hey, how are your veggies doing? Didja manage to plant anything this year?

Interesting about yahoo and the temperature readings - you ought to write to them and log a bug.