nopin

Friday, June 10, 2011

Some beasts

So this morning I took a LARS tour to look at some fuzzy things.

Behbeh caribou:

I like caribou. I think they are lovely creatures, with beautiful proportions; warm, sweet, kindly eyes; and gentle dispositions. You never hear stories of anyone being trampled or kicked to death by a caribou, just meese. Meese are foul-tempered, like rabbits.

(Ref: The Late Mr. Grumphus Bumfus Bunn B. Doofus, Esq.)


Two behbeh moxen:


Eight-legged behbehmox!


Mamamox coming up to the fence for a willow treat. The tour guides tempt them over, but this time, her behbehmox elected to remain back with his auntiemox and the other behbehmox, instead of follow his mama to make himself into a spectacle. :)


Behbehmoxen following their mamamox/auntiemox around:


Bull mox:


Another nice shot I caught:

Butterflies seem to have a tough life, often showing scars and missing wing parts.

4 comments:

mdr said...

Very observant, I would never have notice the butterfly's deformation.

mdr said...

Bunn was so cute in that picture. I can still remember him running under those cars on the MV street. Never in a million years, I would guess of his resting place.

Rebecca Clack said...

Best Fairbanks blog ever! Thanks for taking the time to chronicle life in our little town. I recommend your blog to everyone! Pics are spectacular and it's matched with excellent writing! Very impressive.

Arvay said...

Wow, that is a heck of a compliment! Thanks so much!