nopin

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Exciting! Stuff!

I got home last night and the ground was frozen! G reported that temps had not come above freezing during the day time for the prior several days... The aurora were dancing--swirling and unfurling ribbons of green and red across the sky. This morning, I awoke to this:


And so I took the doggies for a long, joyous, leash-free run.

Running on frozen trails is the closest I will ever come, I think, to flying unassisted.

The trails are almost completely frozen now. Only a few puddles of standing water remain, where the ice is too thin to traverse. Autumn, a lead dog among lead dogs, has excellent skills at determining which ice is safe to walk on and which will get you wet feet!

3 comments:

mdr said...

Happy to see you enjoy the trip. Hope your mission was well accomplished as well.

It looks like a nice place to visit.

mdr said...

It took you 10 hours for one trip from AK to AK, my goodness.

Arvay said...

No, FOURTEEN hours! :O