nopin

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Digging out

Last night, I shoveled about six inches of snow from my driveway and front yard, as snow was still falling. Overnight, another similar amount fell, and I repeated the procedure this morning, indulging additionally in shoveling a path to the outhouse and the wood pile.

When I woke up, it was silent outside; I didn't even hear the occasional car drive by. As I took the dogs out for a slogging run through the foot or so of loose snow, I observed that the streets had been plowed... precisely nowhere, so when I got home, I called into work and informed them that I'd be in late, if at all. I then shoveled while listening to and observing the passing cars. By the time I was done shoveling, about half a dozen trucks, and two sedans, had gone by, so I figured it was safe for me to go into town. All I had to tackle, after all, was my own road. I knew for certain that the highway would be plowed.

Autumn and Linden, for their part, were annoyed by the deep snow and utterly delighted after I shoveled. Linden actually stotted and pranced up and down the driveway like a goat kid.

Anywhere, here are photos.

Paths around the cabin and car:


Path to the outhouse:


And my driveway:

3 comments:

Rena said...

Oh holy cow, your hands are bare in those photos - either it's not as cold as I think it must be, or you were fiddling around with your camera and needed to take your gloves off. brrrr!

Also that's a hell of a lot of shoveling. Are you thinking about investing in a snow blower yet?

Arvay said...

Yup, I gave up on gloves and now wear mittens! Unfortunately, mittens don't lend themselves well to camera setup. :)

mdr said...

I wish I were there to help with whatever I can.