nopin

Friday, January 25, 2013

Best. Baselayer. Pants. Evar.

For wool:
66 North Iceland Basar Longs Midweight Long Underwear Bottom

For synthetic:
Arc'teryx Phase SV Bottom

Both of these come in men's versions, too. :)

So here is my pet peeve with pants (the alliteration is a bonus). I understand that it is trendy for pants to have low waists, and that's fine, if the main purpose of your pants is to keep you decent in public. However, if the main purpose of your pants is to keep you warm, well then, hello, clothing manufacturers? How about some pants that don't leave my belly exposed? It's annoying enough with jeans, but all the more so with base layers, whose sole purpose of existence is to keep you warm. Base layers aren't fashion items, so I don't understand why they are cut so dang low!

Arcteryx and 66 North, they grok me, which high waists and articulated bum areas that accommodate a woman's bum. And the materials are really top of the line and last forever. They aren't cheap, but they are worth the expense.

If your arse is frozen, get you some!

And that concludes my public service announcement. I am not paid to do this, I do it out of love.

No comments: