nopin

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Schadenfreude is bad. Nevertheless...

So I was on a highway off ramp, in the left lane as I approached a perpendicular street. The light was yellow and I was quite far back, so I slowed to a stop. The car in front of me slammed the accelerator, ran the red, misjudged his speed turning left, skidded off the road, plowed through a snow bank, and came to rest against a street sign. He was fine and his car was fine, and it was very amusing. I'd never seen karma work so fast!

2 comments:

mdr said...

Thank you for stopping. I don't rush crossing when it is yellow.

I cannot risk any bad consequence if anything goes wrong.

Debs said...

I do enjoy stories like this (so long as nobody is hurt).

I have an almost as impressive story from a couple of winters back here. I was driving down the motorway in heavy (for us, about 6" on the ground but a couple of feet in places where it had drifted) snow and a sporty car whizzed by at about 70mph. A couple of miles further along, I passed them stuck & facing the wrong way after skidding and spinning into the central reservation....