nopin

Friday, May 15, 2020

Spring is continuing to spring

The weather has cooled down since the weekend (thank goodness! Mid May seemed a bit early for mid 80's F! The weather has been pleasant--cool and sunny. Our morning runs are comfortable, non-sweaty, and mosquito-free! It no longer gets dark at night.

Here is a Cricket selfie!


And here is a Thistle selfie!


Sweet Thistle, wise Thistle, tolerant Thistle:


The columbines are getting bigger, visibly by day! I hope the ones I started from seed sprout and turn into nice plants, too!


I saw my first honeybee last week, and my first bumblebee over the weekend. These columbines will rise to meet them!


The tree buds are chartreuse in color, and almost glow against the blue sky:


I still think that the summer sky at high latitudes is bluer than down south:

3 comments:

mdr said...

Great pictures. I wonder what color your columbine flower will be, will be fun to see the riddle unfolded. Have great days and nights.

Arvay said...

@mdr, I have been told that columbines cross-breed easily, so they seldom turn out the color of their parents, so it is a riddle indeed. :)

mdr said...

Don't forget to post one picture of your columbines, maybe it has various colors