nopin

Saturday, June 27, 2020

A break from your normal silicon2tanana reporting

I have a confession. I've spent a good chunk of quarantine watching virtual choirs on youtube. This one stopped me in my tracks:



Wow. Sometimes when we hear a song or read a poem too many times, we become inured to the powerful words (like the way I'd thoughtlessly barf out daily prayers in Catholic school).

But this stunning interpretation--with that vulnerable girl leading the way--reminds me of what a genius of a poet Leonard Cohen was. I can see in my mind's eye the baffled young King David bringing forth hallelujah.

There's a blaze of light in every word.
It doesn't matter which you heard.
The holy or the broken Hallelujah.

4 comments:

mdr said...

Beautiful, they are carefully social distancing too. Thanks for sharing. Pray that both of you did not and won't go to any physical concert.

Arvay said...

@mdr, yes, their coordinating from a distance is part of the magic of these "virtual" choral pieces. There are online symphonies, too, huge ones with hundreds of players! The musicians are in their homes, and I appreciate when the occasional dog or cat appears in the frame. :)

Only really thoughtless people would go to an in-person concert during a pandemic. Pray that one day you realize that you didn't raise no fool.

gina said...

That was Lovely ~~~~~

Arvay said...

@gina, isn't it? :)