nopin

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Notes from Here and There


Miss Thistle sitting pretty:

Miss Thistle flopped:

Miss Cricket sitting pretty:

Miss Cricket flopped:

I find myself with a lot of thyme on my hands:

This is a spruce sawyer. They have legs tipped with velcro, so when they land on you, you have to pluck them off.

This is a hoverfly. Like bees, they drink nectar and pollinate flowers. They can hover in midair, like helicopters, and usually do so while at a flower. I'd never seen one actually still before!

Bumblebee butt!

The wild raspberry canes in our yard have been very productive this year! We've had so many crumbles, with blueberries and rhubarb, too!

Do you think they are comfy? I sure hope they are comfy.

The thyme inspired me to make cod chowder:

A fine thyme for all!

It's about thyme!

Our CSA shares are getting more varied as summer progresses:

The raspberries keep coming!

Salmon enchiladas:

1 comment:

e.davis said...

The girls couldn't look more content:)
Nice CSA haul too!