nopin

Thursday, August 27, 2020

The feel of Fall is in the air

We began to get darkness at night about a week ago, and last night, the sky was glittering with stars. It is still raining frequently, but when the sun comes out, it is long, slanting, golden. This morning, it was positively breathtaking, with the glowing light illuminating the colors of the morning--the green trees slightly dulling, the blue sky, the red tones in the dogs' fur.
Just a few evenings ago was our most recent rainbow:
The ground plants are turning already:
I made a big pot of minestrone, with CSA veggies, tortellini, and mayocoba beans. The first night we had it with grilled turkey sandwiches:
The second night, I made a focaccia. I had some extra thyme!
A fine thyme was had by all (I even had fancy coarse pink salt):
Oooh, we fancy!
Here is a gratuitous photo of Cricket with her octopus:
Also, since cooler weather is coming, I dug out my winter safety glasses. They do not fog up! They are also an excellent reminder to use safety glasses that are intended to protect you in the situation you are in. Thus: Those that shield you from chemicals may not provide mechanical protection, and vice versa; and these, obviously, will provide NO coronavirus protection whatsoever!
Also, do you like my coronavirus-pantsal-decontamination station? It uses solar power!

No comments: