nopin

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Wow a Shiny Yellow Ball in the Sky

It's been an unusually cool and rainy summer, but I'm not complaining. Last summer was very hot and had lots of smoke from local fires, so this is much more pleasant. Also, I feel like it's been at least interspersed with a bit of sun, so not quite like Ketchikan. Anyway, this afternoon, the sun came out for the first time in several days, and it's actually warm and sunny outside.

"At the end of the storm, there's a golden sky, and the sweet silver song of a lark..."

I hurried up and transferred the laundry from the clothesline on the porch to the clothesline in the sun.


Then I propped the screen door open.


When I plopped back down at my home office desk (the dining room table), I couldn't help but feel grateful to live here.



DL says a lot of people save for a whole year to spend a week or two like we spend our whole lives. If we have to be stuck at home, I'm grateful that my home is here, where we are surrounded by woods and nature, even alongside our own driveway.

4 comments:

gina said...

DL is right. You and the Fuzzies live in the perfect place.

e.davis said...

You sure have your little slice of heaven there:) what better place to be along with those you love most!

mdr said...

Beautiful Alaska indeed

bt said...

DL is right. Thanks for sharing your eden with us!