nopin

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Breakup photos

I have not been taking a lot of scenery photos lately because the woods haven't been very pretty. Let's face it, in Winter, the only beauty in a forest is snow! Who wants to look at a bunch of skinny nekkid trees? But I thought I should document breakup all the same, lack of beauty notwithstanding. Then maybe you can sympathize more with my mud troubles. :)

The woods as the snow melts away:


This is why we call Spring "breakup." It's not just the rivers and creeks, it's your own feet breaking through muddles of snowmelt, whose surfaces refreeze each night.


Here is the local hay farm. I love their big red barn. It's so picturesque.



Their field is beautiful against the blue sky.


But their road is all mud, as is everyone's!


And here we have Linden and Autumn, all pooped from running circles around me as I take photos in this "heat."


And here is a photo of our beasts taken last month, when I still had a scarf hanging from the closet door. :)

No comments: