nopin

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Lots of photos

I just started my new research position yesterday, so I suppose I should talk about that, but truth be told, while it's very nice and I like it a lot so far, it's not nearly as much fun to talk about as everything else. So here are photos.

I got the cutest photos of these little dudes the other day! They are getting big! Still only two behbeh reindeer so far...



"Yeah, I'm cute. Wanna make somethin' of it?"
Why, yes, actually. I'd like to kiss and smoosh your nose and bury my nose in your neck fur, if I might.



All of the reindeer run up to visitors and follow them right and left. Even when I have the dogs with me. I wonder if a lot of people give them handouts.



Two funny bumper stickers in the Natural Sciences building parking lot:





And now some photos from across the street from my building...

Blue sky and puffy white clouds:


The Alaska Range. They say that there are optical effects at this latitude that make the Alaska Range appear taller some days, and shorter others. I haven't noticed. But I do love to see it, white and majestic, hanging in the background of the city.





Looking Southwest is Chena Ridge. We live on the other side of Chena Ridge.



And here we have the state bird. The mercy about these mofos is is that they are slow and dumb. I can kill them by swiping them out of the air with my bare hands, without my glasses on.



I had just chosen and resized all of these photos to post, but then recalled that I have a few readers who only read this blog for my dogs, so I snapped these photos of them just now.

Linden cleaning her paws. Both girls had a bit of BO when they first arrived, but they don't at all now. In fact, I can bury my nose in their fur, and they don't stink at all. Linden in particular spends a lot of time cleaning herself. Hey it looks like I got the doofi in this shot as well!



And here is Autumn lounging around. Difficult to believe that she loves to run like the wind, but only half an hour ago, she was racing around the yard, so fast you'd miss her if you blinked.

1 comment:

Arvay said...

My friend Carl mailed a mosquito to his parents in Massachusetts, because they didn't believe him that they got so big here!