nopin

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Piccies from a walk to upper campus

Had to send up some bureaucratic paperwork, so rather than send it via interoffice mail I decided to bundle up and slog on up there.

An ice sculpture in front of the Museum. I didn't want to photograph any sculptures until I could bring the girls along, per tradition, but I couldn't resist the way this one caught the light at that moment.


And what is this ice fog of which we speak? Here is the city under it. See that ridge out there on the right side of the frame? It's the same one as in these photos.


Another photographer of the ice fog:


Yet, spinning around 180 degrees shows a clear sky above the ice fog. I'm glad the campus is above it!


Here is a gigantic raven. I've been trying to get a nice photo of one for a while now, but this will have to do. In honor of Edgar Allen Poe's upcoming birthday.


And here is a chickadee. There were a dozen or so of them clustered around a feeder, but they all flew away as soon as I got out the camera.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really does look like the North Pole!

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

Re: picture #2

Dang, I've seen ice fog pretty darned thick in that area, but that's THICK! That's gotta be Chena Ridge in the background with a view from behind the Butrovich building? That car on Sheep Creek Road looks very lonely. And cold. Did I mention cold?

Arvay said...

Yup, good eye on the direction and location. :)