nopin

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Yay playing outside again!

Warmer weather has finally come, and, mercifully, a threatened rain forecast has disappeared from my weather page. RAIN FORECAST? WTF? Yes, yesterday's yahoo weather page showed rain for Thursday, and I nearly crapped in my pants. I think I prefer -40 to Winter rain (which would melt away all our snow and cover the roads with ice, which would be very bad!).

Anyway, thanks to that threatened rain, I played hooky this morning and took the girls skiing in what I thought might be our last opportunity for a while. I even convinced Sam's parents to do the same, so Sam could have some fun with us. Yay! Poor Sam had been inactive even longer than we had. The girls' and my cutoff for going outside is high -30s F or mid -30s C. Sam's is about -10F or -23C. Because she's a relatively sedentary lab (instead of an active husky), she has no fur in between her toes to insulate them, nor callouses on her paw pads, nor fur on her belly. Her belly is nekkid and pink!

No comments: