nopin

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Greetings from my new office!

I have moved from the satellite office to the Mother Ship. My direct supervisor said that he wanted me closer and felt bad abandoning up on the hill where most of the workers are hardly at their desks and people scarcely saw me. So when a colleague who was based in the main building gave his notice and left, I moved in. I figured it was best also, for my anti-whacko maintenance plan. "Sure, fine!" said I. "After the summer interns leave to go back to their universities, I'd have been all alone, and, you know, that'd have been bad for me. I'd start neglecting to shower, I'd pick my nose, I'd talk to myself..."

This afternoon, one of my now former officemate interns came to visit me in my new office and inform me that I ought not to have moved, since all of the cool people are hanging out in the other building, and now I'm all alone down here in this one. And by the way, had I seen B or M? He wanted to talk to them.

I was all, eh? He had just finished telling me that everyone was...

"Oh, no! I said all of the cool people were up there!"

And that would be...

"Um... ME!"

1 comment:

Rena said...

The better question is that which office has better snacks?! Do your new officemates bring in little goodies during the afternoon?