nopin

Monday, September 17, 2012

Equinox Marathon report

Well, it was stunningly beautiful, and rocky, and rooty, and steep, and everything everyone says.

I accomplished all four of my modest goals:
1) I did not die.
2) I did not injure myself.
3) I finished with G and BT.
4) I felt okay the next day.

At the finish line, I was cheered in by a colleague, my neighbors, their dog, and, of course, E, who was there to support BT. It felt good.

Autumn and Linden's reaction? 26.2 miles? Psh! How heavy was the sled you pulled? Oh, no sled? So this should mean, what, exactly? Oh, by the way, IT'S TIME FOR OUR RUN!

They cheerfully extended my marathon day mileage, halfway to that of an ultra:


And this, my friends, is why feel okay the next day, and preferably also that night, is one of my race goals, and supercedes any time/speed goal.

The best part of this race is that instead of giving out finisher's medals, they gave out puppies:

photo courtesy of BT

I kid, I kid! I didn't get to bring the puppy home. But I think all marathons need puppy hugging stations along with the food, water, first aid, massages, etc.

6 comments:

mdr said...

Routine fast walking is better, no possiblities of dying or injury.

mdr said...

puppies are good, especially those with frowns.

b said...

Yes, moderation is best!

flying fish said...

Well done! Sorry the wogs didn't appreciate your accomplishment so much.

Arvay said...

Thanks, FF!

Anonymous said...

I WANT THAT PUPPY! PUPPY PUPPY PUPPY! OMG PUPPY!!!!!