nopin

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Husky pulling demo

As I've mentioned before, the only flaw of the World's Most Pefect Dogs is that they have the world's most abysmal leash manners. They pull me here, they pull me there, etc, etc. A consequence of all of this running and pulling is that their ID tags scratch against their rabies tags and become illegible, necessitating replacement once a year or so. Well, the other day, Linden came into the house and--clink!--her tag plunked from her collar onto the floor. I picked it up and examined it:


Yup, the tag had worn clean through. Good job, Linden. You and Autumn must be the most active old ladies on the planet.

The rings that new tags come with are pretty stiff and difficult to get onto the large rings of sled dog collars. Luckily for me, my dogs are always pulling so dang hard on their leashes that the collar rings have thin spots where the steel is worn down:


Good job, elderly ladies. Excellent work!

Here are some photos of a fall evening in da hood:



2 comments:

Rena said...

Aiyaiyai!
They're chipped, right?
Have you taken a sharpie to their collars and written on them too?

Our cat has now lost her collar again. She is chipped, but it'd be nice if one didn't have to take the animal to a vet to read that chip! Surely we can read the code and look up the owner in the database with our cell phone these days, right?

I've seen kids at places like LegoLand with sharpie on their arms with the parents' name and cell phone number. Same idea.

Arvay said...

Yup, they are chipped *and* have my phone number Sharpie'ed onto the canvas of their collars. I've never heard of writing with a Sharpie on a human child though. It's a good idea. :)