nopin

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

More Winter firsts!

First day below -20F/-29C: 6 Nov
First day using timer on car heater, instead of being all blasé about it and plugging it in whenever I remember: 7 Nov
First day wearing obnoxiously bright pink down jacket: 6 Nov
First day finding a crust of ice on the dogs' (indoor) water bowl: 6 Nov
Day switching from burning spruce to burning birch: 6 Nov

Also, also, I feel I must tell you what it's like to vote here. In California, I had always voted by absentee, mail-in ballot, but voting here is so utterly charming that I feel compelled to go. I recently got gerrymandered, so my voting location got switched from the Ester firehouse to a local church. I was sad, because I like the firehouse, and they always had a bowl of candy and a bowl of dog biscuits. But the church ladies beat that with a ton of homemade baked goods--several kinds each of cookies, brownies, fudges, and cakes--and little bags of popcorn and trail mix--the good kind! With cashews and m&ms! So I'm happy to vote at the church now. :)

4 comments:

mdr said...

Be safe on icy road please. I voted by mail too, mainly for those new props. The other two here never voted.

flying fish said...

We got totally gerrymandered here, it's going to have a big effect now that we're with Sitka instead of Skagway.

bt said...

Yup. Vote by mail in Cali. It's the way to go.

Also, sent you some books by media mail, so you should get 'em in a month or so .

Arvay said...

@mdr: Okay! :)

@FF: Do you get cookies?

@BT: Awesome! Thanks!