nopin

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Never Stop Learning

A lovely and beloved woman I know, after being forced to quit high school at 16 when she lost her sponsor to her elite high school, upon retirement studied up and got her GED when she was in her late 60's. She proudly hung her diploma on her wall. I took this photo shortly after her 75th birthday:


I'm so proud to call this lady "Aunty".


It's like those PSA's on television all come to life--"Never give up!" "Never stop learning!" "Be cool! Stay in school!"

It is quite a thing indeed!

I brought back these pikake blossoms:


I wonder how long they will fragrance my Alaskan office?

2 comments:

Rena said...

pikake? Aloha! I didn't know you were traveling again!!

mdr said...

Aunty lost a lot of weight? Great to see her healthy and look good.