nopin

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Misc photos

Do you think Cricket is comfy? I sure hope she is comfy.


The ladies sitting pretty:


And cleaning their fangs!


The deep cold brings ice fog. This was the view from my office yesterday:


Today has cleared up. Here is the view from our stairwell:


I can't decide which framing I like better:


A sunny shot from our porch!


One of our student interns and me, at a test installation of bifacial solar PV panels:


SNUGGLIN'!!!


FUZZY OL' HAIDS!!!

5 comments:

e.davis said...

I think the view from the stairwell photo looks almost surreal -it could be a painting with the deep blue & purple tones of the winter sky, the stark contrast of the white snow on the trees(so dark they almost look black). Quite striking with sun low in the sky. What time of day was this taken?

BTW love the way Cricket is sitting there with her paws crossed all dainty-like:)

Arvay said...

@e. davis: That photo was taken around 5 p.m. Cricket is like a ballerina... she looks all delicate and dainty, but when you look up close, she is rippling with muscles. :)

e.davis said...

I commented on the sun above - which would not be the case since the photo was taken at 5pm! Rather the moon is quite striking! Speaking of the moon - the lunar eclipse was quite a treat this morning during my walk with my hounds :)
Yep, just what I thought about Cricket - tough as nails :)

Arvay said...

Oh I knew what you meant! :) Wow you were up at 5:30??

e.davis said...

Yes I was:) That's our morning routine- I start work at 7:00 preceded by a 40 minute commute, so pups & I head out by 5:00! While it is a peaceful, meditative time outside - don't get me wrong, there certainly are days that the pillow & comforter are beckoning me back to sleep when we return home:)