nopin

Monday, October 29, 2018

First Reeeeeal snow!

Sunday morning, we woke up to this!


Starbuck was suuuuuper happy, and did her faceplant, otter-slide thing on that tiny bit of snow. Then we had our first 100% mud-free walk since March! As we walked the Isberg Trail, we saw that a pair of humans and a pair of little dogs had walked before us, leaving fresh tracks on the trail. The little dogs were slipping and sliding all over the place on the ice, sometimes doing 360 degree spins! I kept saying to DL, "Gee, I hope they didn't hurt themselves!" As we caught up, we saw that it was a pair of PUPPIES! So that explains the gamboling!! I did not take my camera, unfortunately, but you'll trust that they were SUPER STEENKIN' CUTE, RIGHT??? (But I still love Starbuck-A-Roo and Cricket Most of All.)

My friend MK, who is building a team, got two new puppies this week, so here is your dose of puppy cuteness:


This is Saami:


And this is Sakha:


When we got back, there was a bit more snow:


Ahhhh, finally winter! Rice and chicken stew on the wood stove as the ladies ree-lax:


That is rather a nice scene to come home to, what? DL is so lucky!

Look! They faithfully hunkered down together and, with great courage, they rode out the vacuuming:


"This sucks!" said the one in front. "This blows!" said the one in back.

1 comment:

rara said...

The dogs and puppies are so cute. Who are their owners? I so <3 your dogs+the puppies. Now what did I say about loving your food photos? Ahh yes, I said I love them!!!!!!!!!Post more pictures!
I heard you mention some food, but where are the pictures!? Next time, don't ask for permition from photoing Uncle David's honker. Just take the photo, and post it! (Haha pictures so funny!)