nopin

Sunday, October 7, 2018

Snuggle selfies!





Wisdom from one of Starbuck's Friends at The Denali Center today: "You know, I don't remember a lot of things any more since my stroke, but I'm learning a lot of new things, too, since it seems like my brain is different.

"I've been going to the same Church for 40 years [she struggled to find the word for '40'], and I've always known that the two most important of the Commandments were "Love God" and "Love His Children", but a few months ago, I realized that 'His children' is not just MY family and friends! It's people that I don't even like! I have to love them, too! Just the other day, my daughter came to visit, and I told her what I had realized, and she said, 'Mama, some people are really hard to love.' And I told her, 'Honey, it's not easy, but it's what He wants.'"

1 comment:

mdr said...

love your selfies and words. Thy wants you to love your mother too, if he forgot that, Confucius did say that.