nopin

Thursday, November 28, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all 14 of my loyal readers!

Last year, I noticed that we had fewer campus ice sculptures, not even the bears at each entrance. I had heard that they were victims of budget cuts. But yesterday I saw this fellow appear at the main UAF entrance:


He sure is cute, and will make me smile!


DL cuddling with his ladies... Not easy to photograph! Either one of them is blurry, or one of them is yawning:


Or they go boneless:


Or one gives another the side-eye:


Finally! A good snuggle shot!


Here is one of the girls snuggling together:

Awwwwwww!!!

I made, as usual, the classic green bean casserole for Thanksgiving. SO homemade, with tender loving care and that personalized touch that cannot be made by anyone other than YOU!


SCHLOOP goes the beans, SCHLOP goes the soup, stir, add onions, and voilà:

Yes, I know it is vile, but it is also delicious. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

I also made this very healthy, nutritious, of-the-moment salad:


I hope all of my 14 loyal readers have a lovely Thanksgiving and long weekend filled with whatever suits their personality, whether it's gathered with friends and family or going for a long solo hike!

4 comments:

gina said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family......even thought it's trying to get the "perfect" picture. That's what makes them special.

bt said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

mdr said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving. Remember where you first had the green bean casserole? at Serrano Dr. :)

e.davis said...

Happy post-Thanksgiving sounds like yours was enjoyable:) have to say-love the candid snuggle shots:)