nopin

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Running in the snow

I tried it for the first time this morning. The first time in my life, that is. It was okay. I didn't slip and whump on my arse, as I had feared, because the snow was so soft and powdery (though it's been sunny today, so we may have ice tomorrow morning!). I wasn't too cold, either. It really felt the same as last week, when there had been no snow yet.

The mornings are brighter with the sparkling snow. Another interesting thing is the tracks! I can see where Rae does her recon walks. I can see where the meese have come out into the road. I can see who has picked up their mail yet. It's quite interesting, that the snow allows no secrets, at least for a few hours...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any plans to let the bunnies experience snow? :)

Anonymous said...

Let the bunnies out for 24 hours

Anonymous said...

I've just discovered your blog - please keep it up and good luck with your studies! I love the idea of actually remembering your first run in the snow (in the UK it's one of those things you do when too young to remember, which is a great shame).