nopin

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sometimes, when I think too much or try to plan too carefully...

... I just feel darned overwhelmed. I think after I finish my PhD, I'll need to take up a less life-encompassing hobby other than collecting academic degrees...

HAHAHA.

I was feeling rather down about how I had done on my Classical Mechanics exam (nailed the easy question, only had time to do half each of the other two, and then, the following day, realized I had done one calculation, which I should have nailed, completely wrong). I wanted to vent, whine, etc, when I realized that no-one would want to hear this. I am so OVER complaining about school. Am I not here by choice? Any time I want to leave, I could turn tail and go back to the Sili Valley, likely at a higher salary than I left. If I were merely in love with Fairbanks, I could find an engineering job in town, no problem. But no, I really love learning again and need to take the stress of it with the fun of it. I also imagine BT, who has a charming trait of getting quite huffy when I complain about myself. "I feel SO STOOPID!" And immediately she bristles. "How DARE you say such things about my friend!" etc. So I just had this conversation with her, only in my head, and immediately felt better.

Thanks, BT!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear, Is BT an imaginery friend?

Anonymous said...

Mudder talks to myself when I need to sort things through, maybe I have a BT too? Life is complicated, most good things come with some bad, and vice versa, but always remember that life does not stay the same forever -- it moves on with good or bad.

Arvay said...

hehe, no BT is a real person. She prefers to stay anonymous, though. Mudder knows BT and is also fond of her. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Arvay! Hi Mudder!

I love that you heard me getting grumpy at you for being down on yourself.

I don't know if I knew that particular trait about myself, but I like it. No misery loves company with me... no-sir-ee... I'll kick you in the rump if I think you need it. [laugh]

-bt