nopin

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Bipolar Autumn

First, we have Outdoor Autumn. Sorry these are so far away. Taking these was quite difficult since I had to keep the camera under my jacket otherwise it wouldn't work in the cold. So it's unzip, dig camera out, power, focus, for every shot. And Autumn moves at mach four. And I was fumbling with gloves. Wah, wah, getting cute photos of my dog to brag about is so difficult!

Autumn in sled dog mode--running and leaping and smiling!


Standing in the snow waiting for me to catch up. That is snow around her muzzle from running through snowdrifts. She does not collect frozen water vapor around her nose and mouth just from breathing, the way I do. I think it's some magic in the oils in her coat that prevent it.


This is her standard walking mode. Leading the way, about thirty feet in front of me, glancing back frequently to make sure I am still there.


"So what's on the other side of the trail now?" You can see some of the grace of her gait in this photo. She doesn't bounce. She's very purposeful. There is no energy wasted. She's smooth as a windsail.


When she disappears for too long on one of her side excursions, all it takes is one call from me to bring her bursting back onto the trail! She often checks back on me unbidden, too, poking her little head out in between trees. I don't know how she's bonded with me so quickly, but I consider it a very sweet blessing!


Now here is Indoor Autumn. She'll sit like this until I forcibly extract myself. And she is so cuddly that I usually can't bring myself to do this until I have to pee or something equally pressing:



5 comments:

lucky_girl said...

She is adorable! I know what you mean, you can't interrupt them unless it's something pressing, like your bladder is about to explode. She is so cool!

Anonymous said...

Autumn and you are both adorable. The top picture you are together, she had her front paws folded. She has a very gentle face too. I am glad she brings you much happiness. Just be careful in the wilderness (as long as no people around to call for help, it is just like the wilderness)

Raining Crafts & Dogs said...

What a perfect match you two make! I'm so glad you finally got a doggie companion. :*)

Anonymous said...

So did you zoom in to take the pictures since she is running ahead? She's cute!

Arvay said...

Zoom? Uh... err... I supposed I could/should have zoomed. :/