nopin

Monday, January 21, 2008

Slippin' and Slidin'

Fairbanks is having a warm spell while I am in California. Dan says he feels bad for me missing it, but I am not sorry at all. I'm afraid of being on the ice when the temperatures approach freezing. The ice is then sooooo slick, both driving and walking are terrifying!

I must say that I am thinking of Spring with some trepidation. Not only will the ice be slippery, but everything will be filthy and muddy! As the snow melts, everything that has been frozen under the snow since October will come out and thaw--banana peels, dog crap, apple cores, coffee cups, trash, etc, etc. It sounds SOOOOO gross and smelly! A whole winter's worth of dog crap, frozen and preserved and melting all at once! I've been very conscientious with picking up Autumn's crap, and I hope others have been the same.

If I had my druthers, I'd ruther snap my fingers and go from Winter to Summer. But such is life. At least Spring brings all the green buds to the trees! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How long are you in CA? You should meet the new Mr. B. =)