nopin

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Downpour!

The past few days have been cool and rainy in the mornings, so I'd wear jeans, boots, and a rain jacket. Then I'd get to school and the clouds would promptly disappear and I'd sweat buckets while walking around campus. So today I rebelled and came to school in a cotton skirt and sandals. And today at lunch I walked down to the corner minimall for a slice of pizza and then to Beaver Sports to register for the Midnight Sun Run. And while in Beaver Sports, kaBOOM! the sky exploded and emptied buckets of rain, all at once. Then came hail. A bunch of us all stood there in the entry way, in our shorts, T-shirts, and sandals, and laughed at whose predicament was the worst. I think I won "Most Inappropriate Shoes" but had the shortest walk to go. We talked and waited. I petted a little dog tied outside who looked like Linden. When the rain let up after a few minutes, I walked back. Several cars pulled over and offered me a ride. I thought that was very nice, but it would have taken them more time to drive me up the street to the UAF entrance, then back down the street to my building, than it would have taken me to walk up the staircase. Not to mention they could have been mass murderers. Ha.

Here are photos:



There is a car in there under that wake:


And later that same afternoon:

No comments: