nopin

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It's only an intermission

Summer is only an intermission from Winter. So we even spend Summer planning how to deal with the cold. Summer is explosively green, fecund, giant-vegetable-producing, and short. Frankly, I'm okay with that. I love to ski and hate mosquitoes, and I don't care much one way or the other how long the daylight hours last. Added Winter bonus--dogs' paws are self-cleaning!

Now is the time to shop for winter stuff on deep discount. I finally bought boots that are rated to -40, for $32, marked down from $80! Yes! My current Winter boots are only rated to -25F/-32C, and my toes get cold when I stand still. Which, to be honest, doesn't happen all that often, but there are still the Yukon Quest, the Raising of the Tripod, and the Ice Carving Festival to get through.

WiiiIIIIiiiiIIIInter's coooOOOOOoooOOOOming! But we still have to go berry-picking first!

1 comment:

Raining Crafts & Dogs said...

LOL! You shop like I do - off season and cheap! :P I don't think I could handle that much cold and that little heat...I'd freeze to death in my own house. I'm so glad you are loving it though! :)