nopin

Monday, January 11, 2010

BRRRR!

It's -36F/-38C on campus, and -25F/-32C chez moi.

The girls and I still went for a short run (about 1.5 miles). They don't need booties still as they have crazy thick calluses on their paws.

Yesterday, my grey water pipe that drains out behind the cabin slowed to a trickle and nearly stopped up, even after dumping two gallons of boiling water down the drain, so I went out and cracked up the slop-glacier with a 6-lb maul.

And since I have nothing else to report today, let's look at the weather report, shall we (this is from the Ester weather report)?


My comments:

1) See? The weather is "fair"!

2) It's -29F but feels like -28F! We have such balmy conditions!

3) Humidity is 72%! That's tropical!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Things I hate about the super-cold weather: my contact lenses freezing to my cornea, cold flats on my truck, the ever-present inversion that results in gaaacking when walking outdoors...

Things I love about it: the sunrises are gorgeous.

The Enforcer said...

"so I went out and cracked up the slop-glacier with a 6-lb maul."

I know this is English, but I honestly have no idea what this means. Enlighten me...

Debs said...

She went outside and smashed up the frozen wastewater with a big hammer! lol

Arvay said...

Thanks, Deb! Good job, haha!