nopin

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Salmon spread quesadillas

Oh. My. God. Why has it taken me five years to develop this?



I am not a fan of the typical Inupiaq salmon spread, which consists of flakes of salmon floating in a mound of mayonnaise. But my friend D2 makes a version that I like very much; it's light on the mayo and has lots of sweet pickles, almost like the tuna salad I grew up with. The other night, I was sent home with a container of it, and I used it to make quesadillas:


Mmmmm.... it was like a tuna melt, only with salmon instead of mercury-laced tuna, and a crispy, bubbly-charred tortilla instead of some disgusting squishy, greasy bread:


I had it with roast cauliflower that loyal reader (and meatworld friend) Rena taught me how to make:


That looks like the meal of a finicky child that eats nothing but White Things, but whatevs. Tasty!

I'm sure it will come as a surprise to no one that Autumn has fully embraced the new canine couchal policy:


Linden sez, "What kind of rude dog gets on the cowsch while humans are present?"


(Actually, this photo is of her concluding a very luxurious yaaaaaaaawn!)

4 comments:

rena said...

Yum, roasted cauli - that's #2's favorite. And tuna melts are also her favorite - I ought to make it on a tortilla next time. Salmon spread, eh? I am not a mayo person, myself.

Last time we needed tortillas, I made em. Oil, water, salt, flour. It wasn't hard, and they tasted great. I'd do it again, although perhaps I'll do it ahead of time and reheat because they take a while when you only have one rolling pin and one frying pan going at once.

mdr said...

Good salmon receipe if I also like the cheese. I think a few slices of sweet red onion and cucumber will be even yummier.

RM said...

I enjoy reading your posts.

bt said...

Oh man, that salmon spread quesadilla needs to get in my belly!