nopin

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Two, two chapters of my thesis done! Ah, ah, ah!

First chapter already published in the Journal of Glaciology.
Third chapter already drafted and only needs tidying-up.

Then I need to write an intro and conclusion...

So I've started to dare get excited about having evenings and weekends free. I've hardly known what that is since I started school! I just realized that, from the age of 5 until the age of 35, I have only not been in school for four years! Things I am going to do this Summer:

* Take a lot of road trips and do lots of backpacking, and at least one road trip will be to Chickenstock, and then onward to Eagle and Dawson, both of which I'd like to see!
* Paint my outhouse something goofy. Maybe striped rainbow colors.
* Take ballroom dancing lessons.
* Build a proper wood shed.
* Pick tons and tons of berries.
* Refrain from *eating* tons and tons of berries all at once (learned that lesson the hard way!)
* Other stuff, including lots of cookouts and cheeseburgers. :)

4 comments:

b said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Now, we just need to have you move back to the bay area. :)

mdr said...

Pls think for the long-term but do enjoy the short-term. We love you.

rena said...

Wowwwwieeee! That is wonderful! Journal of Glaciology, eh?

Vanessa said...

Sounds like a great Summer!