nopin

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Cusp between Summer and Fall

The leaves are juuuuuust starting to turn golden. The sun is warm, aggressive, hypnotic. Chunky golden shafts stream down between trees, clouds, and buildings. I have to keep my windows down while I drive, else the bright warm bath submerses me and makes me drowsy.

Mornings are crisp, though there is no frost yet. I can see my breath. The mosquitoes don't come out to trouble me until mid-day.

The cranes are still here. They are staging--flying over the city, in small groups, forming and rearranging their Vs. I guess it's a bit like trying to book your exact seat when you book an airline flight. When they get it perfect, they'll fill the sky and head to Texas, and we won't see them again until Spring.

Two shots in front of the cabin:

No comments: