nopin

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Photo report

This is the last stretch of my homeward commute:


This track leads to the Bonanza Creek Experimental Forest:

I think the University owns it, but I'm not really sure (maybe BLM?). Anyway, this entrance is almost literally a couple of blocks from where we live (I say almost literally, because we don't have blocks here), and I'd LOVE to take off with a backpack and explore it. I suspect Dan won't like the idea. I will have to ask around for some valid information that this would be a perfectly harmless activity. :)

Last night was so clear, the Alaska Range stood out quite beautifully:


This was taken from the front of my building at school, looking South, which is towards town. The Alaska range is to the south.

2 comments:

The Enforcer said...

Sorry...maybe I've just been a city slicker for too long, but what exactly is an "experimental" forest?

;)

Arvay said...

Haha they are micormanaging the tree growth, the numbers and types of critters that live there, who eats what, etc.

Incidentally, I saw a guy heading out there with an infant on his back and two retreivers with him, obviously on a leisurely walk. So I can go, too! Yay! :)