nopin

Monday, July 14, 2008

Bloomin Photos

Giant mum here. Flowers will get even bigger still, as summer goes on. The state fair will have blossoms the size of my head.



More flowers for pressing. I have my doubts about these. They are so delicate and have such high water content that I think they will turn brown.


My latest works of art. I like this clean, minimalist look, but I definitely flubbed the iris. I should have left the two side petals in profile, to get a classic fleur de lis shape. But instead, I rotated the two side petals to be parallel to the center petal, the effect of which looks silly and puts me in mind of three large grapes.



And now the irises are gone and I can't get another until next year. Oh well.

Edit: Apparently the one on the left is called a "miniature dogwood," not an "outhouse flower." :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I dunno - they look nice, even the iris! I think the purple owl clover(?) will press fine. I think you're right that the others will turn brown.

My goodness, you're going to have a whole meadow-full of pressed flowers pretty soon!

You can always go into the potpourri business if you have a lot of broken flowers left over at the end of the summer, huh?!