nopin

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Some Photos

Here are the girls as I leave in the morning.

Linden: "So long, Maman! Have a good day! We'll wait here until you get back!"

Autumn: "Oh dear. She's got the flashy thing pointed at us. She's going to flash the flashy thing. Oh dear."



Now here are some photos of the results of the campus florification army, all put in with insane expedience.

Most of the buildings have this sort of thing going on around them:





Here is the courtyard in front of my new building (the engineering building, which is out of the frame to the right):


This statue guy gets a carpet of flowers:


Even tiny pots are crammed with color:


This island is at a quite busy intersection. It always makes me smile because it's such an insane amount of colors and flowers (click to enlarge to get closer to the full effect):


Sunflower:


The hugest mums you've ever seen:









Fireweed I gathered for pressing:


In my opinion, fireweed should be the state flower instead of the forget-me-not because it is ubiquitous and edible, and we get so many good things from it (honey, syrups, etc). But oh well. The forget-me-nots sure pressed beautifully!

No comments: