nopin

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Late Summer pressed flowers

I found a patch of late-blooming irises, so I was able to correct my iris of the three grapes.

Iris, new and improved version:


Fireweed:


Iris mixes, redundant because two are going to my mother and sister, and only one is for me:






Alaska-grown vegetables are now available at Freddie's. We can get Alaska-grown lettuce and other leafy green things, as well as carrots and potatoes. The AK potatoes will show up all Winter, although I do not understand how!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

woo, thank you. One question: why the fireweeds all are red/purple, but your pressed fireweeds are blue? They are beautiful either way.

Anonymous said...

these are all so beautiful!:-)...great job on the iris!:-)...what are the spiky yellow flowers?...

thanks,

rebekah:-)

Arvay said...

Hi Mudder! I must have taken bad photos. When they are alive, the flowers are dark pink, and when they are dry, they are purple.

Hi Rebekah! I'm not sure what those are called, but here is a photo of them fresh:
http://tinyurl.com/5wakpe

Vanessa said...

i love the last one where the yellow flowers are out of the inner frame... peaking out. awesome!

Anonymous said...

Maybe they are able to grow potatoes in greenhouses in the winter.

Anonymous said...

then why wouldn't they grow other veggies in greenhouses in winter?