nopin

Friday, October 17, 2008

More piccies

Here is Mr. Grumphus Bumfus Bunn B. Doofus, Esq., coming to grace us with his nightly appearance. Autumn pretty much ignores him. Linden, on he other hand, pays appropriate homage with butt-sniffings, slurpings, etc.


He then retires to a corner and gives us dirty looks. Yes, this really is a nightly routine. Yes, he really does give us dirty looks.


And per request, here we are in all our reflective glory. The flash made evident the superiority of the reflective tape I added over what the doggie vests came with. The stuff on my vest is best of all, but I couldn't find any for purchase all by itself, for sewing onto the doggie vests.


By the way, today is the first morning I saw temperatures drop below 0F. I switched to my wool liner pants to run in instead of synthetic. But I am still in only silk liners under my jeans in the daytime. I've thought off and on of adding a feature to this blog called "What I am wearing today" just to give the non-local readers an idea of what the weather is like. But I haven't gotten around to it. Besides, it would only be interesting in Spring and Fall, when the weather is changing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened to the futon?

Arvay said...

Oh, we moved it to the other side of the room, switching places with the desk. Then, we removed one side of the L of the L-shaped desk, so the front wall is essentially empty.

Rearranging furniture seems to be a habit of Dan's. He's like the rats we used to have, continually rearranging the contents of their cage.

I rearrange furniture only inadvertently, when I forget where it goes after I move it to vacuum. One day Dan came home and said, "Oh, the table looks good there! Do you like it better there? Is that why you moved it?" I was like, "I moved it?"

Anonymous said...

that picture of you all in your reflective gear looks like something out of a sci-fi movie. :)

Anonymous said...

You could also get 2 of those flashing LED lights and attach it to your chest and back.

Arvay said...

Well, I do have a headlamp, and the girls each have a blinky red LED. I guess you're right; I should add another LED to my arse end. I'm glad you get the spaceship effect. That's how I feel when we frighten the neighborhood dogs. It's cool when we frighten the mean dogs, not so much when we frighten the sweet dogs.