nopin

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Brrr!

It is currently -15F/-26C outside, according to yahoo weather.

This morning, I ran in:

*3 pairs of pants--silk under merino wool under nylon

*same ol' coolmax socks and shoes (my feet never get too hot or cold, in any weather; how weird is that?)

*2 shirts--merino wool under a thin fleece, and a light shell (and I found it too warm on top; the fleece was overkill--all I needed was a light synthetic layer)

*fleece neck gaitor

*fleece hat

*2 pairs of gloves--merino wool under polyester

*reflective vest, headlamp, etc

On my way into school I finally dropped off my skis to be waxed. They have you pick them up the next day, and I had been unable to part with my skis for that long until now. It's too cold to ski today; at these temperatures, you don't have any glide at all.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Par Fembeh!!! :( At least yar paws are not cold! :) Does Fembeh grow fur on the bottom of her feet too? That might explain it.

Arvay said...

Haha. I keep eyeballing wool running socks, but then I have to remind myself that mine are still perfectly good. The girls' furry feet actually make them lose a lot of traction on ice. Temperatures are cold enough now that I have good traction myself, but the girls slide around on top of their toe-hawks.

Anonymous said...

We got our first flurries here yesterday and I'm already miserable. I'd never make it a month there!

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

This morning I'll be wearing shorts while sitting in the hammock by the pool watching the parrots.

Arvay said...

"this morning"?

*goes to time zone map*

You're three hours ahead of Hong Kong? Wowsers, that Australia is a BIG island!

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

Well, it is a continent...