nopin

Friday, November 7, 2008

Brrrr!

It was -15F/-26C when the girls and I got back from our run this morning. I had serious white mascara (although not as much frost on my hat as when those photos were taken!), and my gloves went stiff with ice.

We had fun though. It was nice to sleep in a bit and be out when the sun was already brightening the morning.

Here are the girls being fuzzywuzzy cuddlebugs:


They are growing the fur back in between their toes for the Winter. It is so thick and dense that it blocks out snow, and it also spreads out their toes a bit to make their paws into little snowshoes. Here is a photo of Linden's feeties this morning:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have fur between my toes too!

Arvay said...

Is yours seasonal, like ours? We lose ours in Spring.

--Autumn and Linden

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

Most of my foot fur left a few years ago. The facial fuzz has stayed though. It's great for gathering ice down here and keeping the face warm. Heck, don't even need a balaclava!

Anonymous said...

No, I have it year round. I didn't have it when I was a kitten though. It only started appearing when I grew up.