nopin

Monday, November 10, 2008

Photos

Here is the moon rising over the Chena yesterday evening:


Here are the doofi looking peeved:


Here are the girls looking floppulous:


I was doing some organizing last night, and came upon a couple of boxes of my Sili Valley clothes. It struck me how much my life has changed.

Here we have Silicon Valley special occasion shoes versus Tanana Valley special occasion shoes:


Special occasion in the Silicon Valley: the symphony, Dan's birthday, my birthday, a holiday party.

Special occasion in the Tanana Valley: Temperatures drop below 0F for the year.

Of course, some things never change.

Here we have running shoes in the Silicon Valley:


And here we have running shoes in the Tanana Valley:


That's right, same shoes. But the accessories are priceless! (By the way, I did not put those shoes in front of Autumn. I put them on the floor for the photo, and she came right up and curled up next to them. Aahhhh Mama's stinky shoes! How lovely!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first picture looks like a Xmas card.

Anonymous said...

nice moon picture! did you use any special settings on your camera?

my night pictures are usually blurry.

Arvay said...

I tried the regular "let it choose its own setting", the "snow" setting, and the "night scenery" setting. The first came out the best! I have seldom had success with the snow setting--it seems to dull out colors. And the night setting put a blue sheen on the whole picture that wasn't there in real life!

I pretty much use the generic setting for everything, and let the camera do what it wants. It generally does a good job. :) I don't aspire to greatness with my photos. I'm only having fun.

Anonymous said...

At first when I saw the snow boots, I thought, "Oh no! What happened to the bunnies!!!" Hehehe. :)