nopin

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Wahooo!

So, I finally got up the courage to try skijoring with both girls. To those who joined us recently, I only got Linden this past Spring, so this is our first Winter with her. She and Autumn are biological sisters though (litter mates), and they became part of our family as they retired from pulling a sled for a farm in Two Rivers. They've dragged moose and caribou from hunts, and also had the all-important duty of taking their human children to school and back in a little pulk. How cute is that? But now their brother has taken over this responsibility, and the girls are with me!

Well, 'joring was awesome! I don't know what I was so afraid of--they were so good, so well-behaved. I had them run loose while I skied out, and hooked up to them to 'jor back (so they'd be good and tired and not take me flying), and they were so well-behaved. Bonus--they have such a good sense of direction, which I can only take advantage of when hooked up to them. When they are running loose, they look to me to decide where to go, but when they are pulling me, they call the shots, and I've learned that it's best to let them! At one point, I got confused, and called "Haw" (left). They hesitated, jerked to the right, looked back over their shoulders like "are you sure?" then finally went left. After a few seconds, I realized that this was the wrong trail, apologized profusely, and pulled them back to the correct trail. With dogs like these, who needs their own brain? :D

Anyway, here are Halloween photos.

First, here are our pumpkins. I did the girls. Dan did a whiffle ball.


Here is my pumpkin bundt cake with chocolate glaze:


Here are some nice shots of the girls:







Here they are looking like badass doggie demons!





And here is some beautiful frost I found growing on our window:



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your cake looks more professionally done than the store made ones. You have the talent and skill to open a gourmet bakery.

The laterns are cute, although the doggies look more like Lemma and Naya :-)

Glad you had a good one.

Tails said...

*sulk* I wanted to make Jack o' Lanterns this year, but all we have are Crown Prince Pumpkins instead of the nice orange ones. I think next year I'm going to bite the bullet and do it anyway, and at worst, spray paint the outside orange!

Arvay said...

Who cares what color pumpkins are? That thing looks like it would be a tough job to carve, though!

D said...

Pretty photos, love the punkins!

Tails said...

I guess the colour doesnt really matter lol but would be nice to have an authentic orange one :P I think I'll try grow my own for next year haha apparently they're not too difficult to grow :P And I only need one....