nopin

Monday, November 24, 2008

Its my favorite week of the year!

Only three workdays, topped off by America's best holiday. So many of our holidays seem tainted by overly commercial this or overly dramatic that that the existence of Thanksgiving day, as it is, seems enough reason to be thankful alone. So here we have a holiday that justifies its own existence. How cool is that?

Off and on over the past few months, I've been trying to obtain a locally raised turkey to make our feast more treehugger-friendly. But alas, it was not to be. However, I do intend to use the last of the Alaskan pumpkins I'd saved for the pies, and the last of the Alaskan squash to roast. We will have 10 people, 3 dogs, and 2 rabbits in our little 20x25 cabin--a bit like phone booth stuffing.

Thanksgiving is also Autumn's first anniversary with us. In fact, I bought our turkey last year the day I brought her home, and it was frozen like a rock and she had nooooo idea what she was riding with in the car. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait isn't Rabbit a dish not a guest? So confusing... :)

Ahh Turkey, Pie, and Football. What a holiday.

Anonymous said...

Both rabbits are ready to contribute :-)

Anonymous said...

Have a good one, D&D. Hope all your cooking adventures go well - you'll have to post your full menu!
We'll be down south in L.A. with 5 or 6 of my cousins' dogs. I'm looking forward to big husky-sized dogs stepping on my feet while I'm trying to move around the kitchen! Aaaagh!

Arvay said...

Rabbit is neither a dish nor a guest! It's a family member! Hahaha.

Have a safe trip to LA and back, Rena! Any chance of getting photos of the kids with the dogs? :)